Celebration Bar Review / Calbarexam.com
Last Post 10/31/2018 4:56 PM by DavidGreco
33 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

01/06/2010 8:32 AM
Author: FLTutorshopping [21813]

If anybody is currently using either of these guys, could you kindly share your experience?
Thanks,

--
01/06/2010 9:01 AM
Author: Ed [162]

What made you decide to pick this review course?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 8:49 AM, <

--
01/06/2010 9:29 AM

I didn't choose anybody yet. I liked that they offer online substantive review and are available for essay writing guidance and critique.

--
01/06/2010 9:52 AM

You need to be very careful in choosing a review course. Many make promises
that are not kept and that will do more damage than good. Where are you
taking the bar and what makes you feel that you need an "online substantive
review." An oxymoron; you won't get a substantive review online.
Additionally, what "writing guidance and critique" do you expect to
receive? I ask this only because, you just may find that you are either not
receiving what you actually need or misunderstand what the review course
will offer.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM, <

--
01/06/2010 1:38 PM
Author: August Spillers [7]

You have to find out if your schedule and his schedule jive for the mentoring process; he is a real stickler for schedules.

--
01/06/2010 2:26 PM
Author: Repeater [21813]

Celeberation bar review - i did not find it good at all. I regret for choosing it for my first attempt. The tutuor never helped me to improve my essay. Before one week of exam he said to me you will fail because you never improved. I lost my confidence. Then I took Barbri and it helped me tremendously. The material is not good to understand the law. Today also regret for my mistake of choosing celeberation bar review

--
01/06/2010 3:06 PM
Author: MS [17]

Celebration Bar Review!!!  RUN and don't stop! OK, so you have a guy who I believe may be a lawyer and who lives in Florida, not California, ergo the name Celebration.  The course is named after the town where he lives and works.  He owns a coffee shop.  You have to be out-of-your mind to take this course and believe hat you will pass the California Bar.  The tutor, if that's what you want to call him, stated in an email that you do not use IRAC on the CA bar.  Reprimanded his students to copy the facts when writing an essay.  Copy the facts?  Are you crazy, the bar examiners know the facts so why would you be wasting time copying the facts.  What he was trying to do is to avoid using IRAC which for some reason he hates.  The, to add insult to injury, after many of his students failed (you never know how many) he sent an email saying that apparently the CA bar does want you to IRAC.  You've got to be kidding!  Really?  Like you would need a tutor to tell you that. Secondly, his reputation preceeds him.  The guy is very abusive to the point of being rude and insulting.  I would suggest that you DO NOT TAKE A REVIEW COURSE should you be considering this one.  There are better options..  Put your money to better use even if you have to pay more becasue money and time spent with this course is a total waste. ________________________________ From: "

--
01/06/2010 3:06 PM

You're not alone. Didn't find the course, tutor or information helpful at
all.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:26 PM, <

--
01/06/2010 4:14 PM
Author: funny [21813]

Celeberation bar review says that they have 90% passing rate. It is so funny? he does not tell how many people enrolled for the course. May be 2/3 person enroll and out of them one pass. He calls it as 90% pass rates.

--
01/06/2010 4:34 PM
Author: Predictions [21813]

Jackson, owner of celeberation bar review, his predictions of the exam are also funny. He tells which subject will appear in the exam. Everybody knows it - there is always a question on contract, torts, criminal law, Will. You do not need tutor for that. Like Pieper and Marion they predict which topics in such subjects will appear on the exam and my dear friends I call that as predictions.

--
01/06/2010 5:03 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm looking for an essay tutor for the Florida Exam.

--
01/06/2010 5:04 PM

Real easy to make a claim and I agree, it should be justified but then
again, you find any course that will do that.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM, <

--

One guy and the course is HORRIBLE!  I know two succors and I hope you don't become a third.   ________________________________ From: "

--

Think he has it reversed.

--
01/07/2010 8:46 AM
Author: BBCboy [5]

I agree  with all the post here about Celebration. I too used them for my first attempt and was not impressed and regretted it.  I used Barbri and a tutor and passed. In fact my scores went up considerably.  AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Best

--
01/11/2010 7:07 PM
Author: planet_1 [21813]

I took Celebration Bar Review for Feb 09 exam which was my first try. I did not make it although I felt I did everything I was told by the tutor.

Then I figured that I needed to make a change for the second exam. I changed the approach and used CalBarexam.com in combination with Professor Gould's classes. This combination worked for me and I passed July 09 exam.

I hope you find this helpful. I wanted to respond to you since you mentioned both courses that I took. Please also note that I paid considerable amount of money for Celebration Bar review whereas for CalBarexam.com and Professor Gould's classes I paid considerably less amount of money.

Good luck!

--
01/19/2010 12:18 PM

Anyone will fail who listens to Jackson Mummy tutor you on the CA bar exam.  He lives in Florida and has never even taken the CA bar much less do his outlines reflect the law tested on the exam.  Unfortunately there are plenty of desparate people out there willing to try anything.  Save your money and at least pick someone who has taken the CA bar. ________________________________ From: "

--
02/02/2010 12:49 PM
Author: UKChick [21813]

Do not use this course provider is all I am saying.

I am sure that the Bar Exam actually changed the rubric on the papers because of the technique he advocates on the Essay Paper.

Keep it simple guys and use IRAC.

My advice study the MBE on Adaptibar and use the Barbri Essay Book and past essays to practice = PASS.

Using Celebration = EPIC Fail.

--
02/03/2010 8:26 AM
Author: MS [21813]

Has anyone heard of Vivian Dempsey? She's suppose to be some writing guru who guarantees that you'll pass the bar if you pay her $5,000. Is there anyone out there who has passed the bar with her or knows of anyone who used this woman and was successful?

--
02/05/2010 11:50 PM
Author: gbsseesq [21813]

Celebration Bar Review is HORRIBLE. I am 57 years old. I have practiced in Florida for over 24 years. I am studying for the New York Bar Exam. Jackson Mumey is a great saleman. He knows shit about the New York Bar Exam. ZERO. Do now waste your money. He really has no clue. I just returned from New York City. I spent 4 days with Dr. Mary Campbell Gallagher, A.B. Barnard College, J.D. Harvard, Ph.D. University of Illlinoir. She know hers stuff. She has been admitted to the California Bar, The Massachusettes bar, and the New York Bar. Jackson has not been admitted anywhere. He is a true bullshit artist. He doesn't care at all, and his method sucks. He just wants your money. He know ZERO about the New York Bar. Please, do not waste your time or money.

--
02/06/2010 1:10 AM
Author: wish [21813]

I wish somebody has suggested me not to take celeberation bar review before 4 years. I would have passed the exam. I lost my confidence with Jackson Mummy, he gave me such criticism I can not overcome by fear of bar exam. I just pray god that someone should file case on him and shut his bar review course. That is my curse on Jackson mummy

--
02/11/2010 8:14 AM

Mumy has stated  that he is a lawyer admitted to practice in Florida.  Should you know otherwise, then I advise you to report him to the FL Bar.

--- On Sat, 2/6/10,

--
04/13/2010 12:48 PM
Author: nolajd [21813]

I dont know what you guys are saying. But i do know this - I am an absolutely horrible multiple choice test taker - I mean bad. I barely got into law school with a 144 on the LSAT. I barely got into college with a 17 on the ACT. I have scored below 90's on IQ tests. Oddly, I was in the top 15 percent of both my University (a large state university) and of my law school. So - I knew i wasnt "just dumb." But I also knew I couldnt take multiple choice and that is why i sought out tutor and I found Jackson Mumey.

His program is tough - but it taught me how to take a multiple choice exam. I followed his instructions to the letter and my scores steadily climbed. I highly recommend him and his program. I passed the FLA bar which is 3/4 multiple choice, on the first try. My MBE score was at or above the national average of 136 (still waiting on my scores). So what Jackson did was slightly less than a miracle.

One other thing - Jackson Mumey tells you that he is not a member of the FLA Bar. And to be frank, I'm not certain that he has taken a bar exam - but am pretty sure he has. In any event he is a great teacher - if you want to pass on the first shot take his program and do what he says. That, op, will lead you to success.

--
11/11/2010 2:01 AM
Author: bs [21813]

This guy is a money grubbing,un-intellectual, phony. HE TELLS YOU NOT TO USE IRAQ. IN HIS LECTURES HE QUEIRIES, "WHAT IS AN ISSUE ?" He will not tell you how to write an essay exam answer in your critique sessions. [ He doesn't know how.] His prices are exorbitant. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. His materials are horrible. His lectures will put you to sleep and they don't have much content. If you rely on his course, you definitley not pass the bar exam. He is a great salesman and provides you with the best gimmicks and gadgets. His materials and methods are bogus.

--
11/11/2010 5:13 AM
Author: Passed [21813]

Completely agree and I have written on another board my thoughts on Mumney and Celebration. He is insulting, will destroy your confidecnce and has a massive chip on his shoulder about IRAC. Funny then that all the model essays BOLE post use IRAC isnt it?

He was so rude to me in all our "mentoring calls" I stopped ringing which is probably part of his strategy for you to fuck off and stop calling him as he has your money now and does not want to deal with your questions which he doesnt know the answer to! His response to all questions will be "go read the materials". He has an impatient demeanor and I disliked him as soon as he switched on mr nice guy in his sales talk and I enrolled and the real Jackson came out to greet me!

I failed on celebration and I passed on my second go where I used self study only and did not let some asshole make me feel like a failure. I think he wants you to fail so you might actually be retarded enough to pay him again for more abuse for the next exam!

--
12/26/2010 1:28 PM
Author: legaleagle [21813]

mumey is an arrogant asshole.period! takes your money and then try to shut you down.

--
12/26/2010 2:52 PM
Author: not a ca attorney [21813]

Jackson Mumey is not a ca attorney. How good is he, if he has never taken and passed the exam.

--
12/26/2010 3:52 PM
Author: Hmm [21813]

Is that his real name? I wouldn't rely on a mummy for bar exam advice...he just sounds hoaky right off the bat and I don't even know him.

--
12/26/2010 9:45 PM
Author: Has he passed ANY bar? [21813]

I was one of the many duped by Jackson and I do not recommend his services simply because his methodology is flawed (for CA anyways). Stay away from IRAC? Are you kidding me??

Also, during his lectures he constantly goes on about his stories being in front if this judge or that one but no one can seem to find out which Bar he's a member of.

Anyways, I have to admit that using his materials, I did do fairly decent on the MBE (Feb. 09, Raw score of 131) but I wouldn't count on him for ANY of the essays which in CA is 65% of your score.

--
09/16/2013 10:26 AM
Author: atlaslegal&hotmail.com [21813]

I have been on the internet trying to attempt to retrieve your phone number.

Please call me at 10:30 at 520.895.9180 or email me yours.

Thanks,
Daniella Lopez

--
09/16/2013 11:38 AM
Author: Tortfeasorr [21813]

Posted By <span class='af-profile-name'>Anonymous</span> on 01/06/2010 2:26 PM
Celeberation bar review - i did not find it good at all. I regret for choosing it for my first attempt. The tutuor never helped me to improve my essay. Before one week of exam he said to me you will fail because you never improved. I lost my confidence. Then I took Barbri and it helped me tremendously. The material is not good to understand the law. Today also regret for my mistake of choosing celeberation bar review

From the way you write, I suppose your first language was not American English? Perhaps that's a crucial reason why you failed the bar exam.

If you were born and raised in the USA and write the way you do, then it's a miracle you even graduated from law school.

--
09/19/2013 5:57 AM
Author: WaitingWaiting [21813]

Hi,

I found his posts on YouTube and after a few minutes I realized this was not a "real" Bar Review Course.

It appeared to be more about religious teachings than anything else!

--
10/16/2018 5:33 PM
Author: ALV from CA [21813]

I, honestly, disagree wholeheartedly. I took celebration as a first time bar taker for the CA bar exam in 2009. I graduated from a California State Accredited. My school has a extremely LOW bar pass rate and I chose Celebration because of the personal attention and I liked the idea it was online (which is far more common now). I worked my ass off, studied many many hours, and it worked for me. The essay writing is different. He does tell you to restate the facts at the start of each issue, but I thought it works. He isn't telling you to repeat everything in the essay, but it is more like "Defendant punched Jason in the face, and Jason died" [New Paragraph] Then you start your legal writing as to whether that is murder. From there, you are provided a cookie cutter was to present the law and arguments that is the same for every essay topic, and for me, it was effective in making sure my answers for not conclusionary and adequately dealt with the law and facts. I really liked the outlines, I enjoyed the eassys and Jackson has some cool tricks as time passed to study effectively once show you are getting it. My personal interaction with Jackson was pleasant. I do remember him being stern a time or two, but I felt it was meant to be encouraging and never felt like he was being mean. In fact, I respond well to that "stay on track, don't get distracted, this is important" in a stern manner. But to be honest, I don't recall my personal time with Jackson being all that lengthy. I spent many many many hours with his materials, which I liked, and our phone calls were quick discussions about what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. Towards the end, they became really short.

I think the problem is a lot of people resist writing differently. That was my first reaction ... "I don't know if I want to do it THAT way. Maybe I will just write the essays my way, and do everything ELSE his way". During our first discussion, he said trust the system. I decided I paid for the program, I was not going to be able to adequately progress unless I did it "his way", so I was going to completely trust his system. If I failed, I would try something else. His system made writing essays very easy, and I spent a lot of time working on MBEs.

For me, it worked. I credit myself more than anyone. I put a lot of time in, I committed myself to learning the law, studying the MBEs, to covering dozens and dozens of essays. But Jackson is a person I will always thankful to him. But I believe with the work I put in, I could have done it with anyone" Celebration, Barbri, etc. But Jackson has a system that I was comfortable with, and it worked for me. And, if I took the bar in another state, I would go back.

--
10/31/2018 4:56 PM
Author: DavidGreco [1]

If you are looking for a legit bar prep course and tutoring company located in California check out BarMD - https://bar-md.com/

We have a 93% pass rate for our students. We're not the cheapest, but we guarantee you'll pass the bar or you can retake for free.

Add Reply

TXT      : (312) 554-5379

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: Song
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 2
User Count Overall: 10699

Copyright by All4JDs.com aka AllForJDs.com aka JDJinx.com aka BarExam.Co