Suing Bank of America in small claims courts for their stupid fees
Last Post 02/10/2019 1:47 PM by good luck
16 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

04/16/2010 2:43 PM
Author: Bjorn [21813]

Anybody done this? Apparently ralph nader says it works everytime- just file a small claims action in the local court, and B of A decides it's cheaper to just refund your fees (in my case, overdraft fees), than send someone to contest it. I filed my small claim 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back from the bank yet. Hearing is set for middle of May, should I send them another warning letter?

--
04/16/2010 3:00 PM
Author: BOA Sucks [21813]

Yes. BOA is the worst bank to deal with for personal banking and mortgage. I hate them, but unfortunately the are The Bank of America. It's unbelieavable how inept and incapable they run such a large institution. There's a line of class action lawsuits popping up against BOA for their lack of support and response to loan modifications and foreclosures.

--
04/16/2010 3:48 PM
Author: longballslarry [21813]

what statute are you suing under?

what's the cause of action?

--
04/17/2010 12:53 AM

[quote]
Posted By on 16 Apr 2010 03:48 PM
what statute are you suing under?

what's the cause of action?
[/quote]
You sound like you're in law school :) ... it's small claims court, so that stuff isn't necessary- you just fill out about 10 lines about why they owe you the money, and that's it... attorney's aren't even allowed in the proceeding I believe (i.e., it's what you see on all those judge judy shows). I have thought that if this fails, I could sue in superior court under tort of misrepresentation, breach of contract, consumer protection act, etc. The heart of it is I didn't consent to them to charge my account then fine me, rather than just decline, purchases I make when my account didn't have enough money.

--
04/28/2010 1:57 PM
Author: slick71177 [21813]

I want to also take bank of america to small claims court for their outrageous overdraft fees. I was charged 300 dollars for less than 20 dollars overdrawn. How did you go about the process of taking them to court?

--
06/04/2010 12:20 AM
Author: pkmsbl [21813]

BOA took $13,800 out of my bank account (they say by mistake). After many phone calls they finally returned the funds and refunded all my bounced check fees. I am sueing them in small claims court for taking a cash advance from my account. The cardholder agreement calls for 5% of the cash advance plus interest of 24.24%. Court is scheduled for Friday June 11th and today I received a call from one of their lawyers and he offered me $750 to settle. I rejected. If anyone is interested in the outcome next Friday you can email me at pkmsbl@comast.net and put in the subject line BOA results. If you are sueing them I can provide my brief I am filing in court - I had a lawyer write it up and have done a great deal of research.

Wish me luck.

--
06/04/2010 3:30 AM

Ah, the outcome of my small claims was successful- they called me up the week before and gave me all my money back in unfair fees ($400). Hope the best works for you, good luck.

--
09/22/2016 7:22 PM
Author: pkmsbl [21813]

Update..........VICTORY!!!!
I won a judgment in District Court in Spokane County Washington State for $5,000 + appx. $1,800 in attorney fees and interest against BOA. This is sweet justice!!! BOA sucks and I stuck it to them for 24.24% interest plus fees. Feel free to contact me @ my email pkmsbl@comcast.net to discuss. Score one for the little guy.

--
10/21/2016 11:21 AM
Author: Chester [21813]

Please email me (chesterxtc@gmail.com)
I have an interesting problem with Bank of America and would like to get your opinion. I believe I can also benefit greatly by taking them to small claims.

--
03/05/2018 1:01 PM
Author: MaryWig [21813]

When you sue B of A, which location address do you use? It is confusing...

--
03/07/2018 11:00 AM
Author: Corporate [21813]

Use their corporate office address

--
07/16/2018 11:50 AM
Author: Tedros Kiflit [1]

Suing BOfA because using my phone number under deferent name.with out my permission.
My Girl friend sent me money useing zelle some one else get my money. I called Wells Fargo because that’s my and my girl friend bank. They said someone us ring your number. So you need to call Bank of America. But BOFA won’t help me because I don’t have account number with them. But I do have a Confirmation number that they receive my money.

--
12/17/2018 6:17 PM
Author: gotecharicha [21813]

Someone (scammer) called bank of america and filed a false claim on my account while I was trying to rent a room and stole $3630 from me. Can I sue bank of america for letting a caller from unauthorized number call and make a false claim on my account and for giving me temporary credit right away?

--
12/18/2018 3:24 PM
Author: whut [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 12/17/2018 6:17 PM
Someone (scammer) called bank of america and filed a false claim on my account while I was trying to rent a room and stole $3630 from me. Can I sue bank of america for letting a caller from unauthorized number call and make a false claim on my account and for giving me temporary credit right away?

do you even know what a "claim" is???

--
12/18/2018 3:26 PM
Author: English please [21813]

Posted By Tedros Kiflit on 07/16/2018 11:50 AM
Suing BOfA because using my phone number under deferent name.with out my permission.
My Girl friend sent me money useing zelle some one else get my money. I called Wells Fargo because that’s my and my girl friend bank. They said someone us ring your number. So you need to call Bank of America. But BOFA won’t help me because I don’t have account number with them. But I do have a Confirmation number that they receive my money.

come on spambot, you forgot the spam...........

--
02/07/2019 11:10 AM
Author: New [21813]

I'm actually thinking of suing them. BOA is forcing me to pay 1,200 on overdraft fees on something in general that's $300. Mind you the whole debacle was their fault. They authorized companies that weren't supposed to take money out of my account for awhile and when I went to close my account with BOA, nothing more instead they prompted me to leave the account open so they can "investigate" the problem. While they investigate they'll open up a new account for me. Which they did. 3 months later they emailed me saying they not going to continue the investigate because of bullshit about the years of the transaction. Anyway, after that they started overdrafting the hell out of that account even though it was supposed to be closed instantly after their decision..at least that's was what I was told. I woke up one day and I owe BOA 1,500 on that account. Mind you prior to that, they still kept allowing companies to try and the money or of an account they knew was inactive while they "investigate". I lost count how many overdraft fees I paid in the 3 months they were investigating. Anytime money was put in my checking account, they transfer everything to that old account. When I went to complain, they locked me out of my account already together. BOA is the worst fucking bank EVER!!!! If anyone can explain how to sue them in small claims court, I'll really appreciate it

--
02/10/2019 1:47 PM
Author: good luck [21813]

seeing how as the amount is likely too high, plus jurisdictional issues,

your best bet is to try to get a class action started:

https://topclassactions.com/

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com