Opinions on Disallowing Anonymous Posting
Last Post 07/23/2018 8:00 PM by jiabest
27 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

02/21/2014 11:45 AM
Author: All4JDs [162]

What are your thoughts on stopping anonymous postings? Everyone will have to login to start a thread or reply to a thread.

Please leave your comments below.

SEE http://all4jds.com/CHAT.aspx FOR ANONYMOUS CHATTING.

Thanks for your time.

Shekhar C.
Admin, All4jds.com

"When you have a foot up on the glacier, you have to turn around and give the others a hand."

--
02/21/2014 12:11 PM
Author: myous [21813]

You are less likely to get rude people and people that are joking (i.e. should I start studying), but you are also less likely to get the great answers and discussion that you get here. I post anonymous because it's easy and quick. If I had to login, stay logged, in I probably would not respond to half the questions I do. In the end this site about getting info out quickly and having as many people read it as possible. If we get that peppered with a few rude angry people and a few village idiots...that is fine.

--
02/21/2014 1:18 PM
Author: LegalAnomaly [21813]

I agree with above poster. I wont post as often If I have to take the extra min to log on.. I don't even log on half the time now. I just type my name above instead.

--
02/21/2014 1:21 PM
Author: LegalAnomaly [21813]

Although , if u do make this change, u should make it is no one can copy your username.. Some fool here copied my username last wk to post something very inappropriate.

--
02/21/2014 1:25 PM
Author: #nope [21813]

I would definitely not bother to contribute if I had to sign in, ease of access is really great here.

People who get butt-hurt over anonymous commenters over the internet need to reevaluate. If you don't want to get your special-snowflake feelings hurt, then don't go into forums at all.

--
02/21/2014 4:07 PM
Author: GhostOfJohnnieCochran [60]

Make these bitches login. That's how forums go. You gotta login to comment otherwise you can't say shit.

--
02/24/2014 7:53 PM
Author: jedi [21813]

I've been coming here for 4 years and I don't like the idea of having to login. Assuming your retention policy is not very lengthy I like that I have the option to criticize a tutor/program without having to worry about you giving up my information and knowing my contact information is not readily available (admittedly, I'm assuming a whole lot about what information you're collecting). I already know that doing so is my constitutional right but I don't want to have to go to court and waste my time and money in order to assert this point.

In short I just like that you can say, "Well, fuck you. I'd love to help you sue my users but I have a reasonably short retention policy so go fuck yourself."

I also like that I can say things using different nicknames thereby allowing me to make arguments from different angles. I know that this can lead to abuse but it also provides for interesting content.

--
02/24/2014 11:13 PM
Author: GhostTown [21813]

Place will be a ghost town without anonymous posting imo.

--
02/25/2014 10:10 PM
Author: yup [21813]

100% in agreement with everyone else. Postings will plummet. Keep it as is. It's a great resource. We know how to ignore the rude posters, and sometimes they're funny.

--
02/26/2014 9:12 PM
Author: whateverittakes [57]

anonymous speech is protected by the Constitution according to a Supreme Court case that I never read. There is very little to no privacy anymore, even posting as anonymous, isn't really anonymous if someone needs to know. So in conclusion, anonymous postings are very good.

--
02/26/2014 10:13 PM
Author: bill clinton [21813]

people who cry about anonymous postings are not fit to practice law.

--
02/27/2014 1:35 PM
Author: Legal Anomaly [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 02/21/2014 1:21 PM
Although , if u do make this change, u should make it is no one can copy your username.. Some fool here copied my username last wk to post something very inappropriate.

Stop using my name!

--
03/07/2014 2:15 AM
Author: Please, No! [21813]

I fuckin' hate logging into shit all the time, swear to gawd. I love the convenience of this place. It's informal, I like it that way.

--
03/07/2014 2:17 AM
Author: This! [21813]

Posted By on 02/21/2014 1:25 PM

I would definitely not bother to contribute if I had to sign in, ease of access is really great here.

People who get butt-hurt over anonymous commenters over the internet need to reevaluate. If you don't want to get your special-snowflake feelings hurt, then don't go into forums at all.

^^^ This, and I love "This."

--
04/09/2014 5:17 PM
Author: Heraclius [21813]

Wow, you guys cannot bother to take 2 minutes to register, and then save your username right after so you won't have to login again? Jeez.

I love the fact that the admin implemented this. The spam has gotten out of hand and has ruined the integrity of the forum. Nearly every other forum requires login info, as it cuts down on trolls and allows the admin to ban them on the spot.

I hope this stays. It will take a few weeks for every regular to get used to, but it will be worth it in the end.

--
04/09/2014 6:21 PM
Author: shutup you butt hurt snowflake princess cuntburger [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 04/09/2014 5:17 PM
Wow, you guys cannot bother to take 2 minutes to register, and then save your username right after so you won't have to login again? Jeez.

I love the fact that the admin implemented this. The spam has gotten out of hand and has ruined the integrity of the forum. Nearly every other forum requires login info, as it cuts down on trolls and allows the admin to ban them on the spot.

I hope this stays. It will take a few weeks for every regular to get used to, but it will be worth it in the end.

shutup you butthurt snowflake

--
04/09/2014 7:52 PM
Author: mobarTennesseetaker [81]

Only trolls want to remain anonymous that way they can treat people like crap. According to the guy who did my character and fitness interview, he believes part of being an ethical lawyer is treating all parties, including opposing counsel, with respect. I agree, if you have to treat people like crap to win a case you lack integrity.

Good riddance to the trolls. I'd rather have a safe environment and have to log in than to have the troll patrol running the joint and giving misinformation.

--
04/09/2014 9:02 PM
Author: reading comprehension [21813]

Posted By mobarTennesseetaker on 04/09/2014 7:52 PM
Only trolls want to remain anonymous that way they can treat people like crap. According to the guy who did my character and fitness interview, he believes part of being an ethical lawyer is treating all parties, including opposing counsel, with respect. I agree, if you have to treat people like crap to win a case you lack integrity.

Good riddance to the trolls. I'd rather have a safe environment and have to log in than to have the troll patrol running the joint and giving misinformation.

you are still posting anonymous, you know that right?
you are just using the same name each time.

--
04/10/2014 6:04 AM
Author: mobarTennesseetaker [81]

You wish, I logged in and posted in "Attorney" forums and "bar exams" before I came over to this board so I could tell you I was happy with this outcome.

Get some serious therapy because you are in desperate need. I honestly hope you find the help you need before you hurt yourself or someone else.

Best wishes.

--
10/06/2014 6:54 PM
Author: +1 [21813]

The Michigan thread is extra pathetic.
Bring back logging in, and ban all of Michigan while you are at it!!!!!!!!!
(if not he'll do as he always does and just keep changing IP)

--
10/06/2014 7:06 PM
Author: -1 [21813]

There is no grounds for a ban on that thread. Give it up, cry baby!

--
10/06/2014 7:55 PM
Author: Troll Hunter [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 10/06/2014 7:06 PM
There is no grounds for a ban on that thread. Give it up, cry baby!

Shutup Troll, we all know who you are!

--
02/02/2015 2:22 PM
Author: rengic [28]

Anonymous posting needs to end. Too many people are making rude, crass, off-topic, and just plain mean-spirited comments behind a veil of anonymity. Yes, as an earlier commenter mentioned, having a user name is still anonymous in its own right, but there IS a difference. When you have a user name, you imparting to that identity an online reputation, and most people are generally disinclined to abuse forum discussions in a manner that would reflect negatively on their identity. There have actually been legit social science studies on that very fact and, as such, hardly any serious discussions forums in existence still allow anonymous posting.

If anonymous posting continues I'm leaving. I have tried to contribute to the bar review forum in a thoughtful and meaningful way, often commenting on questions in great length with a full legal analysis, but for every person who does the same, there are countless others who make abusive, vulgar, or nonsensical comments and threads. It has caused me to not only have a sour view of some members of our online legal community, but also of ALL4JDS. If ALL4JDS continues to allow abusive anonymous postings, I'm finished. I can't be the only person feels this way, and I'd imagine that ALL4JDS has lost a lot of thoughtful contributors already because of this.

--
04/19/2015 9:35 PM
Author: 9xSound [21813]

Those who want to participate in meaningful discussions are generally happy to log in before posting. All serious forums require it, and I would submit that the only real reason anyone would want to preserve anonymous posting is because they like being trolls. But trolls never post anything worth reading anyway. They're not funny and they contribute nothing of value.

I find it very disturbing that some troll used my username to start a pointless, juvenile thread. And for what purpose? Does allowing that kind of thing improve the forum? No. It cheapens this entire website. There is nothing vibrant or engaging about a forum that permits anonymous posting. It encourages rude, vulgar attacks and meaningless posts that serve only to alienate those who would otherwise contribute serious comments. I would ask that anonymous posting be disallowed immediately. I've been posting my thoughts and ideas in various threads for only a short time, but if trolls have the keys to my username, I'm outta here. It's a pity, too, because there are some intelligent people posting here.

At the very least, registered user names should not be free to be hijacked by any punk troll out there who wants to get a juvenile rise out of people. No forum that wants to be taken seriously permits that.

--
04/19/2015 9:42 PM
Author: LawJunky [21813]

Thanks 9x. I completely agree and support your position.

LJ

--
04/20/2015 6:57 PM
Author: my thoughts [21813]

penis cunt vagina niggaz

--
12/21/2016 11:03 PM
Author: JonCorbett [13]

This place, at the moment, is a toxic cesspool. There is no question that anonymous posting is not working out.

--Jon

--
07/23/2018 8:00 PM
Author: jiabest [6]

Get Official IELTS, TOEFL, certificate.

IELTS is the world's most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration, with more than 3 million tests taken last year. Accepted by over 10,000 organizations worldwide, IELTS can be your key to achieving your academic and professional goals.

You need a TEST FREE certificate in IELTS urgently? we can help. We provide only original IELTS certificate with online verification, for those of you who, for one reason or the other are unable to take the test or obtain the required band score demanded by institutions, employers or embassy.

Contact us through the details below to know more about taking a test free IELTS verifiable at the British Council website.

United Kingdom
email: registraboard@protonmail.com

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com