Last Post 08/31/2015 7:52 PM by clever marketing, but total scam
2 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

07/06/2014 2:10 PM
Author: Retrospect [21813]

Saw this quote on an online schools website
( the site is http://www.stfrancislaw.com/jd/onli...degree.php but I am hesitant to give the link, since I don't know the school or if it is any good, I am more speaking of the below quote from their site and just citing my source)

"Our online law degree is designed to address the flaws in the traditional law school model, where the average cost to attend law school can be $150,000, professors are usually life-long academics who have never actually practiced law, students are forced to learn theoretical concepts that are miles away from what practicing attorneys actually do, and the legal job market is getting tougher by the day. Imagine having given up the last three years of your career only to be $150,000 in debt, unable to get a job, and with no idea how to actually practice law.

We're out to change that.

An Online Law Degree Featuring Ambitious Students and a World-Class Faculty

Our practical curriculum comes alive in our dynamic, live classes where our small class-sizes sets the stage for meaningful interaction that forces students to think on their feet and test potential solutions from a variety of perspectives. Our professors put their years of experience to use in designing our online law degree curriculum, so that our students develop a sense of judgment from day one. It's not enough to teach our students how to think like lawyers--part of being a skilled attorney is knowing what to do, and when to do it in order to achieve the desired outcome.

A Focus on Relationships

Our online law degree program fosters an unparalleled camaraderie among our students. All too often, attorneys approach issues from a purely legal perspective, without being able to account for the business considerations and relationships that are fundamental to achieving optimal results. The online law degree curriculum we use is aimed at helping our students build and nurture strong relationships, which is the foundation of being able to create legal solutions that actually work for clients. If a solution works from a legal perspective, but not from a business perspective, then it's not truly a solution. By fostering an ability to analyze issues from the perspective of a client and within the context of the relevant business relationship, we believe graduates from our online law degree program should be well-equipped to outperform most traditional law school graduates."

I am an ABA grad who is in even more debt than the quote they gave. The Profs part is BS since ABA law school don't hire non experienced profs for anything but legal writing classes, but the ABA part seems stupid in retrospect. Who cares? Heck, even public schools are online nowdays http://www.k12.com/

--
08/31/2015 6:16 PM
Author: Michael K [21813]

Hi Michael
I don't know about this school, I know Abraham Lincoln University and it's a great school, I would suggest checking it out

http://www.alu.edu/

--
08/31/2015 7:52 PM
Author: clever marketing, but total scam [21813]

reality

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com