PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Charlotte School of Law Rebranding Campaign
Last Post 06/01/2015 9:40 PM by Again....calling something "childish" doesn't change reality.
4 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

08/02/2014 12:47 PM
Author: NC ATTY [22]

I heard from a reliable source that the Charlotte School of Law is considering changing its official name to the Charlotte School of Document Review (CSDR) to more accurately reflect the likely career path of its graduates. Anyone else pick up on this?

--
08/02/2014 3:09 PM
Author: legalone [5]

The Charlotte School of Law, along with other "for profit" legal institutions, is an experiment gone wrong. The profit goal of the law school versus the desire to develop future great lawyers is simply diametrically opposed to itself.

Now, the law school has turned out some great, young attorneys. I have met them. Unfortunately the fact that a disproportionate number of graduates are forced to work the bowels of the legal system in document review is a result of the current marketplace. What will likely happen here in Charlotte and throughout the state is that more and more graduates unable to be hired by already established law firms will simply go into their own practice. This will likely lead to sub-par legal representation, as these young lawyers are forced to learn on the job. In addition, the existing firms will see their chargeable rates drop, as they have to compete with the new firms.

I would likely recommend that unless somebody has a true passion for the law, choose another profession.

The disparaging of Charlotte School of law, Cooley or any others is a bit childish and immature. Unless you attended Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Chapel Hill or some other within the top 10, politely shut up! Were you cum laude? Were you law review? Probably not, if you have time to hide behind a moniker and insult others based upon where they went to school or based upon some "KKK" backward theories of race. It is amazing the top lawyer in this country-the attorney general of the United States of America, is a negro! I wonder where he went to school? Really, who cares???

--
05/30/2015 6:30 PM
Author: BlackAndProud [21813]

I am happy that the Attorney General is a Black American... I'm even more happy that it bothers you.

Good Day

--
06/01/2015 12:15 PM
Author: ? [21813]

It's upsetting that people still find the time to create boards bashing CSL. I went there. I graduated. I passed the bar and I'm doing very well for myself. Was it the best law school? No. Was it one I'd brag about going to? No. Did it teach me black letter law, get me a J.D and allow me to pursue my passion and support a family? Yes.

I'm starting to realize that the CSL haters are likely those who went there and failed out, failed out of another school or are just disgruntled people who went to a much better school but cannot pass the bar. If one goes to any law school and passes their respective bar, what the hell is driving them to bash CSL?

It does not logically make sense to me. Get-a-life people. I check these forums from time to time to see how the law community is holding up with the new changes to various bar exams and all but when I see boards of this nature, I can't help but wonder who is getting off by creating them.

--
06/01/2015 9:40 PM
Author: Again....calling something "childish" doesn't change reality. [21813]

It just proves you are dealing with the mentally weak who don't know how to face reality. Water is still wet. Reality is still reality. You just sound like a senile old idiot who needs a diaper change. Nothing changes.

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com