Last Post 11/14/2014 12:40 PM by mck@law2001
1 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

11/14/2014 9:19 AM
Author: 4-eyes [21813]

http://www.calbarjournal.com/Novemb...s/TH3.aspx

The idea of non lawyers appearing in court on behalf of clients makes me want to hurl. Some of these doc jockeys never stepped foot in a college classroom or a law firm. Some have felony records. Some are so stupid the paperwork they prepare for their pro per clients deserve an F-. Yet the State Bar thinks WTF lets copy WA State and Canada and allow posers in to play lawyer.

The justice gap for Family Law and UDs could be filled by law graduates who need experience. A 'lawyer lite' can be temporary licensed if they sat for the bar and missed it by a few points. Or forgive a year of student debt loan to those willing to work the SRC (self represented calendar) that many courts set up. It's a slap in the face for the State Bar to allow UPL for individuals with zero law school education. Some of these people have a mere AA to be a paralegal. I've worked with them and have shaken my head by their lack of skills. I can imagine some of these people thinking they are as good as a lawyer making a mockery of the legal profession.

New lawyers and those who worked their asses off in law school and studying for the bar should be pissed. Legal Technicians shouldn't bypass law school and passing the bar to appear in court on behalf of their clients. Period!

--
11/14/2014 12:40 PM
Author: mck@law2001 [1]

What an idiotic knee jerk reaction. Maybe you haven't seen your brethern in family court recently. They are not there arguing Supreme Court cases. This is about support, property, and custody. How about Bankruptcy Court? Do you really need a lawyer to sit with you at a 341 mtg while your client answers the questions for 5 minutes? Calm down man!

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com