Musings of a Charlotte Law Grad
Last Post 09/04/2016 4:05 PM by jdcumlaude
2 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

10/01/2015 10:50 AM
Author: CSL [21813]

I am a CSL grad. If you hold that against me I won't blame you because I am the biggest critic of the school. I regret going to law school generally and to CSL specifically. My classmates were dumb and full of puffed-up stories about why they "chose" CSL over better schools because they "wanted to stay in Charlotte" (give me a break). I couldn't get a proper law job when I graduated so I worked in document review for two years before a relative at a small firm in Greensboro offered to take me on. I've been at the firm for about three years and while I'm grateful for the job I am not satisfied doing low-level legal work. I tried getting a lateral position at a more established firm but no one will look at me with a degree from CSL, even though I graduated with honors and otherwise have a respectable resume.

Bottom line: having a degree from the Charlotte School of Law is like having genital herpes: there's no way to undo it, it's terribly uncomfortable, most people will want nothing to do with you, those who are willing to be with you are usually settling or have the disease themselves, and while some days are better than others, the knowledge that it's always there and might surface at any point looms like a dark cloud overhead.

I'd rather have the herpes than the degree.

--
02/22/2016 3:35 PM
Author: NC ATTY [22]

I hear the Feb 2016 NC bar exam is going to be tougher than July 2015. To all CSL graduates-- especially repeaters, of whom there are many: prepare for a world of hurt.

--
09/04/2016 4:05 PM
Author: jdcumlaude [2]

The scary thing is that in NC the market is bad by itself. Now Campbell and other low end schools are limiting class sizes to offset their terrible numbers.

Campbell 70% bar passage rate for July 2016.

CSL is its own special dirt hole, but places like Campbell Law are right up their too. They use a for-profit model while hiding behind a non-profit facade, while at the same time claiming to be a good "Christian" school.

Elon does not need to exist, but at least they have the decency to keep their class size tiny.

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com