Last Post 04/04/2016 10:50 AM by Evictions Help
0 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

04/04/2016 10:50 AM
Author: Evictions Help [21813]

Hello,

I recently got an residential eviction case in NY (outside of City). I have 2 questions I'm hoping you all can answer:

1) What is required to be done in order for a Landlord to make an oral demand for rent in NY?

2) Landlord is out of the country but has provided a notarized statement for an agent to act on his behalf with regards to collecting rent, pursuing evictions and all other legal matters with regards to managing this property. Landlord is named in caption of notice of petition and petition but agent signed the Petition and verification as the agent for petitioner. Respondents attorney answered that agent may not bring action on landlords behalf. It seems like case law is all over but I was hoping someone her knows- I saw a case that states that agent may not bring an action where he is named as petitioner in petition but may sign but I am not sure. Agent did not originally lease property to tenants and there is no written lease; however, he is known by tenants to be the known agent for the landlord.

Any case law or a point in the right directions would help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com