Last Post 10/17/2019 4:37 PM by barstrugglesbus121
9 Replies
  • :
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

06/14/2012 6:42 AM
Author: Seperac Question [21813]

If you have used Seperac.com as a study guide/aid, how did you use it, and were you successful?  It seems as though the frequency analysis would be really useful, but how do you harness that knowledge to study efficiently?

--
06/18/2012 12:35 PM
Author: Mo Vaughn [21813]

I wish I had ONLY paid for Seperac, because both Barbri and Pieper ended up being sort of a waste of money, ESPECIALLY if your law school offers a bar refresher course your final year. It may be too late for you, but for anyone else out there, take your law school's 3L refresher course and make your outline awesome and you sir will save $3,000.

As for Seperac, his stuff is extremely comprehensive and thorough. I never met him, but he is a real human being and I did email with him extensively. He is King Nerd when it comes to statistics and he knows his shit. The statistical analysis helps the most when it comes to figuring out what to study and how to budget your time. The NY Bar sucks so much balls because there is NO way you can possibly study all 30+ topics in depth and know them enough to write NY Essays without having a photographic memory. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. 

The trick to the NY Bar is to study the topics most likely to be on this year's bar exam, and Seperac does this BETTER than Pieper, who I used to idolize for his predictions. Pieper is good, but after I saw Seperac's website I realized that John and Troy and Damien are just guessing. Seperac has sat down like a psycho and went thru every past NY essay and his outline breaks it down by percentage of likelihood of the topic appearing on this year's exam. And that's just his NY stuff. The MBE sections are what I really needed, because he also breaks down MBE topic frequency. I can't say enough wonderful things about Joe Seperac, bless his little heart, I passed the bar because of him.

TL;DR: spend the money for Seperac, it's totally worth it

--
06/29/2012 3:22 AM
Author: GH [21813]

Hello,

I totally agree. I just bought Seperac files and its awesome. I use it every day

Write me if you want : georges . holden AT gmail . com

Best,

--
06/19/2013 8:27 PM
Author: SOS [21813]

So for those that did BARBRI and Seperac - did ya'll just completely stop doing the assigned problems / daily schedule that BARBRI gives you (now called paced program) and follow Seperac?
I'm struggling with trying to figure out the most effective/ efficient way to combine the 2. My exam is only a few weeks away! :-/

--
06/20/2013 6:45 AM
Author: SD1 [21813]

I did Barbri for the Feb. 2013 NY exam, and I also purchased Seperac about a month before the exam (best decision). Seperac definitely helped a LOT. Barbri laid a good foundation, but I personally do not think it was enough by itself. Here is how I used it....

I listened to all the Barbri lectures on schedule, took notes, and reviewed all my notes after. I stopped trying to keep up with the Paced program because it is impossible to stay 100% with that. I used the Barbri books to do practice MBEs, but not so much for essays. I did a couple of practice essays, but that's really it. This is where Seperac came in and was amazing. Study the High and Medium priority topics - read them over and over. I actually made recordings of myself reading the canned rule statements, and I listened to them over and over on my ipod, I would usually randomize the order. I knew that would work for me to commit them to memory because I always preferred audio study guides to books. But do whatever works best for you - but focus mainly on those High and Medium topics. That's all I did with Seperac, but it was absolutely worth it. There is a boatload of other info and tools on his website, but I never had time to touch those.

--
06/29/2013 3:37 PM
Author: Yellsy [1]

Hi everyone, I would really like to use the Seperac outlines since I'm starting to realize that BarBri is overwhelming me with information. If anyone would be willing to share their outlines (the priority ones) from 2012 or 2013, I would greatly appreciate it. I would also be happy to contribute to the cost you paid for them. Thank you!

anonymousgirl696 AT yahoo . com

--
05/17/2014 3:58 AM
Author: mikkubeleshki [5]

Just wondering if anyone here has a Seperac master (preferably 2013 or 2014) that they would be willing to share with me, or share for cost with me.

Thanks...seems seperac is probably the way to go.

--
05/17/2014 3:59 AM
Author: mikkubeleshki [5]

Just wondering if anyone here has a Seperac master (preferably 2013 or 2014) that they would be willing to share with me, or share for cost with me.

Thanks...seems seperac is probably the way to go.

--
10/17/2019 4:37 PM
Author: barstrugglesbus121 [21813]

Hi - I am a repeat bar taker. This will be my third time. Please explain how you went about using the mbe materials. I am desperate to pass this bar.

I have heard only amazing things about Joe Seperac and have been pleased with the findings. I just cannot tell how one would study so much information or break it down to do so.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

--
10/17/2019 4:37 PM
Author: barstrugglesbus121 [21813]

Hi - I am a repeat bar taker. This will be my third time. Please explain how you went about using the mbe materials. I am desperate to pass this bar.

I have heard only amazing things about Joe Seperac and have been pleased with the findings. I just cannot tell how one would study so much information or break it down to do so.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com