Virginia Character and Fitness
Last Post 10/11/2019 1:58 PM by long shot 2019
21 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

12/06/2013 6:03 PM
Author: VA Passer [21813]

Has anyone previously had a c&f hearing after passing the va bar and if so were you subsequently licensed? How long after the hearing did it take to receive a decision from the board and committee?

--
12/07/2013 12:27 PM
Author: Cavalier1 [21813]

Damn, man! Wth did you do?! I know someone who passed and was sworn in this week after having 2 DUIs. She didn't have any C&F issues. Good luck!

--
12/08/2013 12:06 PM
Author: Vanewlawyer [21813]

seriously I'm also interested in what you did. I also know people that had criminal records DUIs/minor pos./underage drinking that were all fine and sworn in the other week.

--
12/11/2013 8:37 PM
Author: Va Passer [21813]

What I did isn't important. My thread solicited responses from those who have gone through the process not for those inquiring why the hearing was had to begin with.

--
01/03/2014 6:56 AM
Author: Curious [21813]

VA Passer, did your C&F review have positive results?

--
01/03/2014 8:44 AM

Still ongoing

--
01/03/2014 12:15 PM
Author: Curious [21813]

Sorry to hear that. If you wanna talk or something, let me know. Have similar concerns.

--
01/03/2014 12:40 PM

Curious are you dealing with c&f issues as well? And how do you suggest we communicate?

--
01/05/2014 12:47 PM
Author: curious [21813]

You can email to confident12u@gmail.com and we can go from there.

--
04/04/2014 9:44 AM
Author: ? [21813]

If anyone has dealt with the c&f committee and has had a hearing how long did it take for them to reach a decision?

--
04/04/2014 9:51 AM
Author: Profiler [21813]

stop being a criminal jimmy

--
05/28/2014 12:42 PM
Author: Passed [1]

Anyone currently dealing with this issue or have dealt with in the past?

--
06/19/2014 12:31 PM
Author: Bluefish [21813]

My friend had issues in VA. Passed and then received a bizarre letter from the Director saying that they thought she was lying about some psych issues so they denied her pending a hearing. She had stupidly admitted in the application to being bipolar and had something criminal happen back when she was a juvenile that they were bringing up. Anyways, her only option was to lawyer up. She begged a professor to represent her pro bono and then got multiple letters of recommendation sent from other prof's, employers and friends saying she was completely sane and competent. The hearing was similar to a trial. She was put on the stand and basically grilled. One of her other prof's called in via telephone as a witness for her. She didn't bring her family and during the questioning they mentioned that most people have their family there to support them, so were wondering if she had a bad relationship with them? Uhhh.... The whole thing was just weird. Long story short, after the ordeal she did get licensed. But, it is the real deal. They really put you through the ringer and make you sweat it. Good luck! I would highly recommend getting an attorney.

--
06/19/2014 12:32 PM

My friend had issues in VA. Passed and then received a bizarre letter from the Director saying that they thought she was lying about some psych issues so they denied her pending a hearing. She had stupidly admitted in the application to being bipolar and had something criminal happen back when she was a juvenile that they were bringing up. Anyways, her only option was to lawyer up. She begged a professor to represent her pro bono and then got multiple letters of recommendation sent from other prof's, employers and friends saying she was completely sane and competent. The hearing was similar to a trial. She was put on the stand and basically grilled. One of her other prof's called in via telephone as a witness for her. She didn't bring her family and during the questioning they mentioned that most people have their family there to support them, so were wondering if she had a bad relationship with them? Uhhh.... The whole thing was just weird. Long story short, after the ordeal she did get licensed. But, it is the real deal. They really put you through the ringer and make you sweat it. Good luck! I would highly recommend getting an attorney.

--
06/19/2014 12:32 PM

--
06/19/2014 1:08 PM
Author: WTF-YES it IS [21813]

Posted By <span class='af-profile-name'>Anonymous</span> on 12/11/2013 8:37 PM
What I did isn't important. My thread solicited responses from those who have gone through the process not for those inquiring why the hearing was had to begin with.

Um.......yes it is.
You think they treat all issues the same? They don't. Not even close. The very process is different.
Man up with your anon account or go learn to drive the greyhound bus as a back up career (assuming you aren't a drunk driver with no license and THAT is the issue)

--
06/19/2014 3:43 PM
Author: Vapasser [21813]

How long did the whole process take your friend? Just out of curiosity and what year was this?

--
06/19/2014 9:55 PM

She took and passed the bar last July (2013). Received the letter shortly after results were released, but prior to the swearing in ceremony. She had 30 days to appeal the denial and request a hearing, which they had in March. So, she had to wait like 4 months for the hearing (during this time they were requesting different documentation and other information from her, which she was providing.) Once the hearing was over, she received a letter within the week. But, I am sure each situation is different. However I did get the impression they try and do all the hearings during the same time frame, and there are usually 20-30 hearings per cycle, I think her lawyer told her.

--
06/19/2014 9:55 PM

She took and passed the bar last July (2013). Received the letter shortly after results were released, but prior to the swearing in ceremony. She had 30 days to appeal the denial and request a hearing, which they had in March. So, she had to wait like 4 months for the hearing (during this time they were requesting different documentation and other information from her, which she was providing.) Once the hearing was over, she received a letter within the week. But, I am sure each situation is different. However I did get the impression they try and do all the hearings during the same time frame, and there are usually 20-30 hearings per cycle, I think her lawyer told her.

--
06/19/2014 10:05 PM
Author: what did you do? [21813]

What is so shameful you can't say even with an Anon account?
what you rape baby ducks or something?

--
06/20/2014 3:54 PM

Thanks for the insight. That's similar to my situation however I haven't heard anything since my hearing in June.

--
10/11/2019 1:58 PM
Author: long shot 2019 [21813]

Long shot here being that this post is over 5 years old, but I'm in a similar situation. Is there anyway you could find out the name of the attorney who represented your friend? ...I'd like to find a lawyer that has some experience with this stuff. ***Or if anyone else see's my post and knows a Virginia attorney who handles character & fitness issues. My email is 4xtradervt@gmail.com

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com