Higher Word Count = Higher Score?
Last Post 03/03/2019 10:07 AM by All joking aside
15 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

01/28/2015 10:35 AM
Author: CleoC [1]

I have sat for the CBX and will sit for it again this Feb. In reviewing my past Bar exams, I notice the higher the word count the higher the score. Any insight as to an ideal word count to aim for the essays and PT's?

--
01/28/2015 11:12 AM
Author: Chad [21813]

I dont know, but just seems like that would be true... hoping someone will answer your post...I'd like to know the answer

--
01/28/2015 1:57 PM
Author: me to [21813]

I have seen the difference too. For the baby bar its 6 pages on average with 250 to 320 on average per page with lots of white space. Go to cal bar pull up your weakest subject sample answers and use excel and ms word to count and calculate the total words and words per page. Doing 2 to 6 essays helps you see the pattern. Shortest passing cbx essay was real property at 2 pages. single spaced. person looked like a machine writing the essay. longest cbx was 11 or more pages I think for torts defamation but I am not sure for cbx. great statistics to check with ms word to give you the word count and excel to calculate the averages from all the data. in 2 hours you will have great stats to work with.

--
01/28/2015 5:10 PM
Author: huh [21813]

When are the CB Examiners going to tell us that are exams were not even read by humans? It does seem that if you are under 1000 words that you can forget any passing score. If you are having trouble with a test, then it would make sense to give up the computer, call a proctor and write the test by hand. I have seen passing handwritten exams of only six pages (six paragraphs if it had been typed). If I had to take the baby bar again, I would write the answers by hand.

What bothers me about the test is the code number that are assigned to the answer books and what the numbers actually corespond to. Do these numbers indicate the number of times the test has been taken, school, type of school, race or sex of the applicant? These catagories seem to be important to the examiners for some reason. Another thing, I have always wondered which "selected answers" were from students that received additional time to compose their answer.

--
01/28/2015 9:24 PM
Author: Repeater [21813]

I am a repeater. My actual experience is that longer ones get LESS points if it is the same content (it makes graders mad) they ONLY get more if they have more of value.

extra words mean less points unless you add more value

Trust me, I know the hard way

--
01/28/2015 11:34 PM
Author: CBX123 [21813]

have to agree with last post. Im a repeater. Recall spending much time on two separate exams, I knew well. My objective was to get the greatest amount of points by writing thoroughly , thinking, If I get a 70 or 75, it will compensate for a poorly or low scoring essay. I was surprised to see I received 55 and 60. These essay were easily high word counts, yet did not receive any extra points, in fact one was down graded , probably because some issues were immaterial. My point is , its tricky. Maybe its not just the word count, its how its written. Perhaps, properly written essays, that are easy to read (IRAC) and are holistic, stand a better chance. Would hate to think so.

Im going to go with this, pass the MBE first. Grading essays on a first read amounts to nothing until then.

--
01/29/2015 6:40 AM
Author: ANTHONY KANTER [21813]

Posted By <a href='http://all4jds.com/cleoc.aspx' class='af-profile-link'>CleoC</a> on 01/28/2015 10:35 AM
I have sat for the CBX and will sit for it again this Feb. In reviewing my past Bar exams, I notice the higher the word count the higher the score. Any insight as to an ideal word count to aim for the essays and PT's?

honestly, no one cares that you will be sitting for the exam again. what? should we feel sorry for you? oh boo hoo poor idiot who failed.

if you studied properly and focused the first time, you would have passed. I did.

and

Who the hell cares about word count? Have you ever been told that "short active sentences" are key in law school? or "Less is more"? You clearly are an idiot. I would not be surprised if you FAILED again.

--
01/29/2015 1:55 PM
Author: Gimp typist [21813]

Have to say it appears that way but its not the case. I was writing some practice essays today and practiced the July 2005 PR essay (sex with the client). Its about the only sub-issue that makes this damn essay practice fun.
I logged on baressays.com for that particular one and it received a 70 for TWO pages (the third page was blank). They don't show word count back then but if anyone sees it they will see the examinee ran out of time ...started to type "General conflict of Interest". . . (it was question 6) yet received a freaking 70.

--
02/26/2019 10:55 PM
Author: riggins [21813]

Couple points- I really don't like the word "that". Get rid of it" In line one, "no one cares you" beats "no one cares that you". Is this the common section comment or Hartsfeild Jackson Airport? Because you throw baggage like a mother fucker.

Less is more. I just re-wrote this post in one sentence; "I passed the bar exam, I'm angry, and I hate women because they don't want to fuck me."

P.S. Your post screams micro-penis. I didn't provide any tips because the post "no one cares you have a micro. I have a huge dick!" is classless.

Thanks and go fuck yourself

--
02/26/2019 10:57 PM
Author: riggins [21813]

Boom. Roasted.

--
02/27/2019 5:10 AM
Author: Michael Cohen [21813]

There are two assholes on this board. One writes with .... in between words. The another refuses to use punctuation and uses “that.” Both write like they do doc review. Coincidence?

--
02/27/2019 2:48 PM
Author: Throw the kitchen seat [21813]

You may just hit most of the issues.

--
02/27/2019 3:14 PM
Author: that [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 02/27/2019 5:10 AM
There are two assholes on this board. One writes with .... in between words. The another refuses to use punctuation and uses “that.” Both write like they do doc review. Coincidence?

what is "that" ?

--
03/01/2019 5:52 PM
Author: Follow Riggin’s post [21813]

Cmon guy, keep up.

--
03/02/2019 6:10 AM
Author: she said [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 03/01/2019 5:52 PM
Cmon guy, keep up.

"that" iz

--
03/03/2019 10:07 AM
Author: All joking aside [21813]

Of course if you well word what you type the odds are that more words equals more stuff that be worth points. Plus as a former grader (not CBX) I can tell you that stuff that sounds well written and is long makes the mind prejudicial to the idea of it being good, and if mass grading in limited time, then you become a bit of a mill. So not just quantity but also quality. The latter is best but if you have time to then fluff, just make it look good fluff, don't make it look bad and harm. Also use time to correct grammar if you have time. We in speed writing often use the wrong there/their/theyre or variants of the same. It triggers the mind of the grader. Its not supposed to, but it can.

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com