PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
ok I passed the bar, but hate being an attorney/cant find full time work......NOW what???
Last Post 04/14/2017 4:27 PM by perspective
1 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

04/14/2017 4:11 PM
Author: kindaphukt [21813]

Maybe you cant find enough work, maybe you just realize you hate the trade

NOW what.............lets say you were (or the sake of random argument) a NON ABA but still brick and mortar grad who could only take the CBX, had to repeat lets say 6 times......FINALLY pass and THEN a combo of this scenario.........can you justify $100k in student loans and all that effort/drama to go to a non attorney job???

--
04/14/2017 4:27 PM
Author: perspective [21813]

I have been thinking the same thing (albeit not identical situation-but ballpark I guess) and its hard to justify doing something else "less than" (most jobs that don't require a doctorate degree to do) and lateral moves are okish but that is for a lawyer what exactly JD preferred work like docreview or something? Not really different that we are likely doing right now or better if you are being honest.

But SCARY thought....what about BETTER THAN?? Yes, become something crazy like a fighter pilot (if you aren't disabled-sorry if I just made it worse for anyone reading this) or a REAL Doctor (MD,DO,etc) sounds like a pain in the butt? Fuck yes. Fun to dream for a minute but that's as far as we go. But screw it. Do it. If you fail, so what. You already wasted a decade of your life and more money that with interest you will likely ever pay back ever, might as well go for broke in time and what amounts to realistically imaginary debt (its not going away is it? might as well be 10x, die in the hole 99% out or 1000% deeper just for the lulz)

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/co...-life.html

I have no idea what I plan to do, but once I come off this meth high I'll let you know................sparkles....................

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com