First day Feb 2019 UBE
Last Post 04/04/2019 4:14 PM by Shut up dude
12 Replies
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Sort:

--

02/26/2019 4:23 PM
Author: Passed2019 [21813]

To those who took the feb 2019 UBE, how was the first day? I thought the MPT questions were easy. The MEE was also ok.

--
02/26/2019 5:05 PM
Author: So? [21813]

What were the MEE and MPT topics?

--
02/27/2019 5:15 AM
Author: Answer god dammit [21813]

I have accoms and I need to cheat. My fake ADD and 6 days of test taking isn’t enough. So what if my ADD developed in law school when I was failing out the first year? I don’t care if some people really need accoms, I don’t!

--
02/27/2019 6:36 AM
Author: testing [21813]

Yeah, some people will be testing until Friday, so not really fair to share topics at this point.

--
02/27/2019 3:38 PM
Author: Racists [21813]

Stop being racist against people with accommodations.
Its not their fault that they lack all ability to do their actual job if they ever get licensed

--
03/26/2019 1:07 PM
Author: Smiddywesson [21813]

I definitely understand that sentiment, because accomodations are subject to abuse. However, whether they are abused or not depends upon how your jurisdiction handles them. The same goes for how the essays are graded, whether you get to use a detached keyboard, and a lot of other random decisions like your cut score. Not everybody is a scam artist, this is a general test to get licensed, and just because somebody can't read quickly doesn't mean they are dog shit. That being said, getting more time for the MPT is baloney. The MPT IS time management, almost 100%. If they are going to hand out accomodations and give people extra time, they have to eliminate the MPTs. That's like giving a swimming test and some of us don't have to actually get wet.

On the other hand, I was in the elevator and one kid tells me he gets a lousy extra 15 minutes on the MBE. I remember thinking, "Good luck to you kid, if the time is that critical you are already screwed." With adequate practice, you should have at least an extra 30 minutes on the MBE, it isn't that hard. I habitually finished the test in two hours during practice, and then ramped it down to 30 extra minutes on test day. With all that extra time, you know what I did? I walked out, keeping my mind fresh for the pm session. Some of these people are cheating the system, and some are just being thrown crumbs, it depends on the jurisdiction.

--
03/28/2019 7:47 AM
Author: First day was a joke [21813]

The essays and MPT were easy. Everyone I spoke to said they nailed the essays. I wonder how this will affect pass rates.

--
03/28/2019 10:31 AM
Author: How would they know [21813]

Posted By Anonymous on 03/28/2019 7:47 AM
The essays and MPT were easy. Everyone I spoke to said they nailed the essays. I wonder how this will affect pass rates.

Confidence means jack. It's why self rightous failures fill every corner of life. The curve will be fine. Trust me.

--
03/28/2019 2:45 PM
Author: BookwormBill [14]

Posted By Anonymous on 03/28/2019 10:31 AM

Posted By Anonymous on 03/28/2019 7:47 AM

Confidence means jack. It's why self rightous failures fill every corner of life. The curve will be fine. Trust me.

Agreed, when I see a simple essay, I get really worried I'm missing issues. Let's face it, they have to grade the tests based on something, and that something has to be issues. The first indication you didn't do very well is you think the essays were simple.

That said, I thought the essays were rather simple, so I guess I'm screwed.

--
03/28/2019 6:12 PM
Author: Odd [21813]

I’m jealous. I was always taught there is always at least one wtf essay. On my bar there were two that everyone said wtf.

--
03/29/2019 8:08 AM
Author: Smiddywesson [21813]

Yes, but then everybody is equally screwed. Remember, they could make EVERY essay a WTF essay and it wouldn't matter. The essays are ranked and then they play a game of musical chairs, the equivalent score of the top MBE goes to the #1 essays, the second best MBE score is assigned to the #2 essays, rinse and repeat. It doesn't matter if everyone writes in crayon and is completely ignorant, the overall essay average of the entire class is going to equal the same as the MBEs. On the other hand, if you all botch the MBE equator questions, and go on to bomb the entire test, you are screwed, the scale isn't going to help.

--
03/29/2019 10:24 PM
Author: But it [21813]

Would still be a beautiful feeling to feel like you hit most of the essay topics. I remember the regrets on the essays were the worst. These lucky souls.

--
04/04/2019 4:14 PM
Author: Shut up dude [21813]

I already passed 6 bars, this will be nuber 7 with those easy essays.

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com