--
04/09/2019 8:08 PM
Author: Coolio [21813]

State of Insanity

--
04/09/2019 10:37 PM
Author: for ABA grads maybe [21813]

non ABA is likely half that, maybe less

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=so+you+are+telling+me+there+is+a+chance+gif&view=detail&mid=8837870A796A4D59489C8837870A796A4D59489C&FORM=VIRE

--
04/10/2019 5:44 AM
Author: Because [21813]

Of those slam dunk essays. My buddy skipped feb and is cursing now.

--
04/10/2019 9:31 AM
Author: abushosha,manfredonia [21813]

Slam dunk essays could be very deceptive. People who thought those were easy often fail. Yeah, i have to admit this passing rate is overly optimistic (for the sate of CA) but miracles happen sometimes. Good luck .

--
04/10/2019 10:16 AM
Author: BookwormBill [14]

Beware of slam dunk essays, there are dangers beyond just not understanding their complexity. Haven't you ever received a terrible final grade in an easy class? That's because the easier it is, the more subjective the grading. Essays are already plenty subjective. For example, the NCBE encourages that essay graders be calibrated. This is when the graders gather to go over grading standards and grade identical essays. The problem is the scores get very subjective the further you get from calibration. Most states calibrate once. California, which calibrates three times, did a study that found their grades still varied by over 20%. If their grades are off by 20%, think about how luck plays a role in the grading in your state. In a base 200 test, Mississippi essays were worth 30% of our grade, or 60 points. A 20% variance is 12 points on the overall test (20% of 60 points). Inasmuch as most grades are clustered around the cutoff score, luck has a massive role in who passes and who doesn't, and that's before we factor in easy essays and how they add to the problem. In my case a passing score of 132 could end up with a 120, or a 120 could end up with a 132, all by luck. I don't know what percentage of the examinees that would encompass, but it would be a lot of them.

You want the hardest essays possible. Not only does this assist in evaluating your true performance, it has NO EFFECT AT ALL ON YOUR GRADE. The essays are not graded as much as ranked, and then the top ranked essays get a score equal to the top MBE score, and so on and so forth in a bar exam equivalent of musical chairs. Therefore, the hardest essays in the world will reward the group with the identical scores as the easiest essays ever administered, only the individuals within the group receiving those grades will be rearranged by luck, both good and bad.

Super hard and complex essays are safe, everybody is in the same boat, but easy essays are dangerous.

--
04/13/2019 6:12 PM
Author: Fat chance [21813]

Maybe for first time UBE takers. No way overall, especially in CA.

--
04/16/2019 8:25 AM
Author: BookwormBill [14]

Posted By Anonymous on 04/10/2019 5:44 AM
Of those slam dunk essays. My buddy skipped feb and is cursing now.

It doesn't work that way. The essays are ranked. This means the highest ranked essay gets the equivalent of the highest MBE score, and so on and so forth until the guy who wrote nothing gets what the lowest MBE score got. In essence, it doesn't matter how insanely hard the essays are, the scores will EXACTLY equal the scores of the MBE because the scoring is tied to the MBE. In other words, your individual fate relies upon how you did on the essays, but the fate of the group depends on how they scored on the MBE. Your group could have written the essays in crayon and it wouldn't matter.

On the other hand, the easier the essays are the more subjective the results are going to be. If the essays really were that easy (I agree they were) your friend who skipped February missed out on a dice toss.

Add Reply

Copyright by All4JDs.com